How can we help you?
Try entering another keyword
Browse popular topics
- Do I have to be registered on the website to place an order?You don't have to be registered on the website to place an order. You can checkout without registering.
Note: Delivery address needs to be the same as invoice address if you are checking out without an online account. The payment methods available to an unregistered user are credit/debit card or PayPal.
There are benefits to being a registered user!
- View order status & tracking
- Save shopping baskets for quick reordering
- Easy checkout with saved addresses and payment methods
- Schedule orders for future delivery
- Bulk price and availability checking via our BOM Bill of Materials
- Access and filter your last 5 years’ order history
- I am already a Farnell customer. What do I need to do to order online?
Your offline trade account number does not automatically give you access to a web account; if you haven't yet - please create a web account by registering online. Registration is very quick and easy and once completed, you are free to place orders online.
Once registered online, we'll be able to link your Trade Account and your web account. You need to place your first online order for the linking to happen.
If this is your first online order, please select Existing Trade Account option at checkout and key in your trade account number. This will allow us to associate your offline Trade Account with your web account (we will of course validate the information supplied and ensure that only authorised contacts purchased against your account). Next time when you visit the website - your Trade Account will be available automatically as a payment option.
- Can I cancel an order?Due to the efficiency of the Internet ordering process, it may not be possible to prevent the delivery of items once an order has been placed. Please call our customer support team on 03447 11 11 13 if you have placed an order that you wish to cancel. The exception to this is items that are on backorder and not marked as non-cancellable, but where there may be more time to cancel - in this case please email email@example.com.
- Is there a minimum order quantity or minimum order value?There is no minimum order quantity or order value for the online orders.
There is however a minimum order value in order to qualify for free delivery. Please view the Delivery Information page for delivery & handling costs details.
- Will I receive an invoice?All our business customers are automatically set up with access to the eInvoicing portal. This allows you to access your invoices, statements, manage queries, get copy documents. Learn more about eInvoicing.
For our web only customers (non-trade account) - a copy of the invoice will be emailed as PDF to the email address provided on the order once the order has been despatched.
If you require an additional copy of your invoice, please use the Request an Invoice form
Please note that whilst Farnell can supply a copy invoice for you, we reserve the right to charge an administration of £5 for this service.
- What does it mean when a part is on back order?Occasionally, demand for certain products can lead to them being temporarily ‘out of stock’. However, if you still want this item and don't mind waiting, we are happy to accept orders and despatch it once stock becomes available. Each product available for back order will inform you of the expected arrival date of more stock. Please be advised that Farnell will not invoice you until the goods on order are on their way to you.
- Is Brexit going to affect the way we do business with you?Full details on Farnell’s Brexit update are available here.
- I submitted an order with an error, how do I amend it?If you notice an error on your order once it has been submitted, please use our Live Agent chat or call Sales on 03447 11 11 11 as soon as possible. As our online order processing is very efficient it may not be possible to amend your order before it is despatched, however by contacting us as soon as possible it may give us an opportunity to intercept your order prior to dispatch.
- Can I download or email my shopping basket?Yes. At the bottom of your shopping basket you can select the option to Download or Email your shopping basket. Choose a file name and location where you would like it to be saved and the complete shopping basket will be saved as a .csv file. You can also Save your basket for later viewing.
- What are order minimums and multiples?Minimum quantities or order multiples are the lowest amount of units of a product that you can buy from Farnell in the same transaction. We endeavour to keep all of our minimum and multiples quantities at levels that are reasonable.
- Can I schedule or forward date orders online?
Yes! If you are registered and logged in, you can set an order schedule for some or all of the items in your shopping basket during checkout. Orders can be schedule up to 12 months in advance.
Scheduling an order requires an order to be delivered in multiple shipments. Some items may be restricted from being scheduled; those items will be displayed without a date selector.
Benefits of scheduling: Purchase in high volumes and get lower prices, but schedule your products and invoices for delivery when you want! Qualify for the total quantity price of your full requirement.
NOTE: Items cannot be scheduled for delivery earlier than the shortest delivery method available. Orders set as delivery complete cannot be scheduled.
Prices charged for shipment within 90 days will be those prevailing when an order is accepted.
Deliveries outside of the initial 90 day window will charged at the price at time of dispatch. The Company reserves the right to charge the Customer further amounts if the price of the Supplies increases before the end of that period. See Scheduled Deliveries T & Cs here.
Stock is only reserved for a maximum of 90 days.
- What are special instructions and delivery notes?Special instructions and Delivery notes let you attach information to your order. They will appear on all correspondence regarding your order.
As you checkout, the Delivery Options section will display the two fields. Enter your notes to let us or the carrier know any special instructions.
The character limit is 30 characters.
- How do I request a quote?We offer volume price breaks for most of our product lines - see our product pages. If you require products in higher volumes or are looking for support with pricing on a basket of goods at typically above our higher price breaks, let us know via the online quote request form. To ensure a fast and competitive response, please indicate your market driven, desired target price.
- Can I add notes to items in my shopping basket?Yes. In the shopping basket, use the Line Notes field to enter information to help you or your staff. Line notes will appear on all the order packing slips. Keep in mind that line notes are only for use by you and your company internally.
- Do you have volume pricing?We offer volume price breaks for most of our product lines - see our product pages. If you require products in higher volumes or are looking for support with pricing on a basket of goods at typically above our higher price breaks, let us know via the online quote request form. To ensure a fast and competitive response, please indicate your market driven, desired target price.
- How long will my saved baskets be stored?We'll store your saved baskets indefinitely as long as they've been accessed in the past 12 months. Baskets that have not been accessed in the past 12 months will be deleted automatically.
- What is the latest I can place my order for the same day despatch?Always check our Delivery Information page for the most up to date times.
- What are my choices for backorder preferences?For backorder preferences, you may choose from the following:
Backorder allowed - We'll deliver in-stock items immediately and place any out-of-stock items on backorder. Items on backorder will be delivered as they become available. Therefore, your order may arrive in single or multiple deliveries.
Deliver order complete - If any items in your order are out of stock, we'll hold your order until all items become available. Your order will arrive in one delivery.
- What is the character limitation for Purchase Order (PO) number?We can accept up to 30 characters, with a mix of alphanumerical combinations and special characters is allowed for PO number. If you choose not to use a specific PO number for your order you will see the date and time of order in this field.
- What are the delivery times and costs?Please view our Delivery Information page for all the delivery options and any associated costs.
- How do I apply a voucher code to my order?Voucher codes must be applied on the shopping basket page before proceeding to checkout. When you have entered a valid voucher code, press the “Apply” button and the shopping basket total should display the updated discounted total. Vouchers can only be used with the current shopping basket.
A saved shopping basket will not save vouchers applied. Ensure you are entering it in exactly the same format as provided.
- Do you have a BOM - Bill of Materials tool?As a logged in user, you can access the BOM tool from the Tools menu. Use the simple step-by-step tool to upload your parts lists and see prices, availability and other details for the matched results. When your results are returned, you can correct any unmatched items. After you've found all the right parts, click save. You can then name your Parts List, buy all items, buy individual items, email to a colleague, or download to your device.
- How can I see my contract prices online?
In order to see your contract prices online, your offline Trade Account must be associated with your web account. This happens once you have placed your first order online, as a registered web user.
Have you registered for a web account? Your offline trade account does not automatically give you access to a web account; you need to create a we account by registering online. Registration is very quick and easy and once completed, you are free to place orders online.
If this is your first online order, please select Existing Trade Account option at checkout and key in your trade account number. This will allow us to associate your offline Trade Account with your web account (we will of course validate the information supplied and ensure that only authorised contacts purchase against your account). Next time when you visit the website - your Trade Account will be available automatically as a payment option and your contract pricing will be visible throughout the website.
- I have forgotten my password, can you help?
If you have forgotten your password, you can easily request your password to be reset. You will receive an email with a link allowing you to rest the password. If more than one username is associated to the same email address, you will be asked to confirm the username for which you are requesting the password reset.
If you remember your current password and wish to change it, simply log in and go to the My Account/Profile Information/Change password page and follow the instructions provided.
- How can I request my username?If you have forgotten your username, you can easily request your username to be sent to the email address in your profile. Click Forgotten Your Username link on the Log In page.
- How do I change my delivery/invoice address?
You can edit your addresses in Checkout. As a registered user, you can also manage your addresses in the Addresses section under My Account.
If you are checking out as a Guest customer, without registering, your Delivery address needs to be the same as your Invoice address. Please register if you would like to set up different Invoice and Delivery addresses.
If you are a Trade Account customer - you may submit a request to update your invoice address in the Addresses section under My Account. Click on Request New Invoice Address, enter the new address and click Save. Your request will then be handled by our customer service team. Please note: the request for a new invoice address will not delay your orders being processed. Any orders you have placed will be invoiced to your former invoice address until we have reviewed and made the requested changes.
- Can I view my order status and search my Order History?As a registered user, you can search through your past orders (last 5 years) using various search criteria: Purchase order number, Order confirmation number, Order code, Manufacturer part number, Customer part number, Manufacturer, Delivery address, Product details. You can also filter orders by Order status or Date range.
You can find the last 5 years of all your previous orders, whether you placed the order on the web, by phone, or by another method.
If you are a Trade Account customer, and if you have linked your Web and your Trade account, you will be able to see all orders for the Trade Account(s) you are linked to.
- How can I change my Trade Account?If you have more than one Trade Account account with us, you may change the account for your current order during Checkout, or on the Order Information page under Payment Method/Trade Account.
Please note: this assumes your web account is already linked to more than one Trade Account. If you would like to link your web account to another Trade Account, you may do this as part of Checkout.
If you do not have more than one Trade account, you may request a new account when placing an order by selecting the relevant option during Checkout.
- Can I save favourite items?When you are registered and logged in, you can create and add items to your favourites lists for purchase or reference later. Favourites lists are different from saved shopping baskets in that they do not retain specific quantities to be ordered. They allow you to add items directly to a list for later reference while you search and browse products. You can also remove items from a previously created favourites list.
- I cannot see the card I added for future orders in Checkout or in My Account.We are not permitted to store cards that are declined on first use. In this situation you will be required to enter and store the card details again. This can be done during your next order or in My Account.
Some organisations allow their buyers to use the same card for purchases. If a previous user removes the right for the card to be stored, we will no longer be able to store the card. Simply re-enter the card details and select to store the card for future use.
- How can I remove a user from my iBuy Account?Please note that this functionality is only available to iBuy users. Find out about iBuy benefits and get free access.
As an existing iBuy user who is a Super Administrator or a Tier Administrator - go to My Account/Account Summary/iBuy Admin/Company Structure and select the tier where the user is located. Under Tier Specific Settings, click Users. In the displayed User List, check the box associated to the user profile under the Delete column and click Delete.
- How can I add a new user to our iBuy account?
Please note that this functionality is only available to iBuy users. Find out about iBuy benefits and get free access.
As an existing iBuy user who is a Super Administrator or a Tier Administrator - go to My Account/Account Summary/iBuy Admin/Company Structure and select the tier where the new user should sit. Under Tier Specific Settings, click Users and then click Add New User. Fill in the required fields in order to complete the new user creation.
Note: Once assigned - usernames cannot be changed. The password you choose is temporary; the new user will be asked to change it upon their first login.
- My iBuy order cannot be placed. What can I do?If you cannot place your iBuy order, it's usually because the Purchase Order date has expired. You will need to extend this. To do so please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I manage my cost codes in iBuy?Cost Centres/Cost Codes, Project Codes etc can be set up using the two Custom Fields available in the iBuy Administration menu, at company level or for each company tier. You can use these custom fields to set up information specific to the purchasing process of your company.
Custom fields may be placed in the Shopping Basket (at line level) or on the Order Information Page. There are many settings to chose from for the field formats.
- Are there any restriction to what I can do as an iBuy Super Administrator?There is just one thing that you cannot do as an iBuy user set up as a Super Administrator: you cannot bulk import other users. Contact us if you need to do that email@example.com.
Everything else, you can do yourself via the My Account/Account Summary/iBuy Admin menu: manage company structure and users, payment methods, budgets and purchase orders, cost centres and other custom fields, business rules, delivery options.
- What are your delivery options?View the Delivery Information page for all available delivery options and costs.
- What is the status of my order?
You can view your order status and track a specific order.
There may be times when an order just placed may not immediately appear until the order request has been fully processed by our business systems.
If you are logged in, you can view your order status and tracking information (once despatched) from the My Account/Order Status & Tracking page. You can also find the last 5 years of all your previous orders, whether you placed the order on the web, by phone, or by another method.
- Why are some items missing from my order?There are many reasons why items may be missing from your order. Please view your Order Status & Tracking for the status of missing items . If you still have questions please contact customer support via Live Chat, tel: 03447 11 11 13 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you offer Saturday delivery?We offer a paid Saturday delivery, but it might not be available in all areas.
Please check the UPS website for Saturday deliveries availability in your post code. If you want to use this service, simply change your delivery type from standard to Saturday delivery (before noon). These delivery options are shown when during checkout.
View the Delivery Information page for all available delivery options and costs.
- Why can I only deliver to a UK address?Due to additional exporting charges and safety or security measures, we must be contacted verbally (Tel: +44 8701 200 208) before we can export goods. This will enable us to check if delivery to your region is possible and to fully inform you of any charges and regulations applicable to your order. Those situated within Eire please visit ie.farnell.com and if your order should incur additional freight charges, due to excess weight, we will contact you prior to the despatch of your order.
- What is the Supplier Direct delivery Handling Fee?Supplier Direct items are shipped from our other warehouses (like the Newark warehouse in the USA) or directly from suppliers. There will only be one additional service charge per order regardless of how many items are in the basket. These items and the charges are clearly identified within the basket.
- What should I do if the product is damaged in delivery?Our merchandise is carefully packed for delivery in our distribution centres, however delivery damage may occur in spite of these precautions.
If any damage occurs please initiate a return via this online form or email us at email@example.com.
- Can I speak to someone about technical product information?Contact our product technical specialists via the Live Technical Support Chat (if you are a Trade Account customer). Submit your question via the Technical Support Form . Or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 3447 11 11 22, 08:00-17:30, Monday - Friday.
- How do I check stock and lead times?Stock and lead times will be displayed for all products on the product details page. See the Pricing and Availability section for more information.
- What packaging options are available?We offer certain products in a variety of packaging to meet your needs. You can find most items in reel, as well as ESD packaging. View all options and descriptions here.
- How do I compare products?On the search results page, you can select products for a side-by-side comparison to help aid your decision making. Simply use the “tick boxes” to check the products you want to compare and then click “Compare”.
- I cannot find the product I'm looking for. Can I get some help?If the product you need isn't listed in our search results, we may still be able to help. Contact our product technical specialists via the Live Technical Support Chat (if you are a Trade Account customer). Submit your question via the Technical Support Form . Or email email@example.com or call +44 3447 11 11 22, 08:00-17:30, Monday - Friday.
- What do the icons next to Order Code mean?A tooltip explaining the icon should be displayed if you hover over the icon. If not - please consult this support page.
- How do the search filters work?
Check the desired attributes boxes to filter by selected parameters, then click Show Results.
For parametric filters, the available filters will automatically update with each selection. However - you still need to click Show Results to see the updated product list that matches your filter selection.
If the Show Results option does not get enabled (the button should be green if enabled), please reload the page or try a different browser.
- What is an alternative item?An exact alternative is functionally identical (same form, fit and function) but has a different unit of measure from the same manufacturer.
An upgrade alternative is a product that has been improved by the same manufacturer.
A suggested alternative is a product that is functionally similar with similar form and fit.Do you need help selecting an alternative? Contact our product technical specialists via the Live Technical Support Chat (if you are a Trade Account customer). Submit your question via the Technical Support Form . Or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 3447 11 11 22, 08:00-17:30, Monday - Friday.
- I need a spare part but cannot find it on the website?If the product you need isn't listed in our search results, we may still be able to help. Contact our product technical specialists via the Live Technical Support Chat (if you are a Trade Account customer). Submit your question via the Technical Support Form . Or email email@example.com or call +44 3447 11 11 22, 08:00-17:30, Monday - Friday.
- What can I enter in the search box?The main search box at the top of the page allows you to search for products using a Farnell code, a manufacturer's part number, a manufacturer’s name or keywords. The search may include partial or complete terms as well as product attributes like voltage, ohms, or other values.
- How do I select or search by product attributes?Simply type the product attributes alongside the product you need in the search box. For example, if you're searching for a capacitor with a capacitance of 100pF, type “100pF capacitor” into the search box and click “Search”. The search results will then return all products relevant to the words you have typed in. Other product attributes can then be selected to narrow your results further.
- What does Exclude Extended Range Items mean?Extended Range are items that ship from our other warehouses (like the Newark warehouse located in the US) or directly from suppliers.
Extended Range items are delivered to suppliers’ lead times and Minimum Order Quantity. There may be a one-time additional delivery charge which will be displayed in your basket.You can exclude these items from appearing in your search results by ticking the appropriate Filters option.
- What does the ‘RoHS Compliant’ icon mean?See the Legislation and Environmental Compliance page for more information on RoHS and other current legislation directives.
- I have a question about Raspberry Pi.For the latest information please visit our dedicated Raspberry Pi FAQ section on community
- Is there a glossary? I need help understanding the technical engineering terms.A comprehensive engineering glossary is available to help you understand the technical language.
Whether you are a novice to the electronics world or you just need to brush up on some of the terminology, Farnell has the world's definitive glossary on all things electronic. Browse the Engineering Glossary.
- How do I return goods to Farnell?
A Return Materials Authorisation number ('RMA') is needed in order to return any goods. Please use this form to request an RMA.
You will receive the RMA via email, together with instructions on next steps.
The Company operates a 21 calendar days return policy. To be accepted for return on this basis, goods should be returned for receipt by the Company within 21 days of despatch. Any goods returned after 21 days as ‘unwanted’ or ‘incorrectly ordered’ may be accepted at the discretion of the Company but will be subject to a minimum restocking fee of 20% of the invoice value of the Goods or £10, whichever is the greater.
- What is the time restriction for returning a product?The Company operates a 21 calendar days return policy. To be accepted for return on this basis, goods should be returned for receipt by the Company within 21 days of despatch. Any goods returned after 21 days as ‘unwanted’ or ‘incorrectly ordered’ may be accepted at the discretion of the Company but will be subject to a minimum restocking fee of 20% of the invoice value of the Goods or £10, whichever is the greater.
- What is the Returns policy?
Prior to returning any Goods to the Company for any reason, the Customer must contact the Company to obtain a return materials authorisation number ('RMA'). Please use this form to request an RMA.
All Goods are returned at the Customer's risk and expense and should be undamaged by the Customer and in their original packaging. The Customer is responsible for returning Goods to the Company and for providing proof of delivery of such return.
The Company operates a 21 days return policy. To be accepted for return on this basis, Goods should be returned for receipt by the Company within 21 days of despatch.
Goods that consist of software or are specially constructed or contain any of the hazardous substances referred to in Directive 2002/95/EC on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical or Electronic Equipment ('RoHS') may not be returned. Any Goods which are not in catalogue or are non-stock items may not be returned. Any static-sensitive Goods or moisture sensitive components (MSL) supplied in sealed packaging may not be returned if the blister or 'peel' packs in which they are supplied have been opened, tampered with or damaged.
The Customer should return the Goods as directed once an RMA has been obtained , clearly quoting the return materials authorisation number (RMA), Customer's account number and order number on the outside of the package.Any Goods returned after 21 days as 'unwanted' or 'incorrectly ordered' may be accepted at the discretion of the Company but will be subject to a minimum restocking fee of 20% of the invoice value of the Goods or £10, whichever is the greater.
View our Terms of Purchase for the full Returns policy.
Payment and Billing
- What payment methods are available on the website?
- Credit or debit card
- Trade Account (existing or apply for a trade account as part of checkout)
- How do I open a trade account?You can request a new trade account via this online application form. Trade accounts will be approved for applicants with acceptable credit ratings. Terms of payment are 20 days from the end of the month in which the goods are invoiced.
Please allow 24 hours to process open account applications with your first order (standard working days, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays).
- I have no credit or debit card, can I still buy from Farnell?Yes you can, if you are ordering on behalf of a trading company or are a registered sole trader with a business banking account.
You can request a new trade account via this online application form. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 03447 11 11 11 to open a trade account, or find out other payment methods that would suit you.
- Can I pay my account balance online?Unfortunately there is currently no method for you to settle your account online. We are looking into this facility for future use. Accounts can be settled by accepted payment methods which include; credit/debit card and BACS. Please allow time for transaction to be processed. Not all options may be available in your region. Contact our credit control on 03447 11 11 33 for more information.
- Can I order if I am on credit hold?Yes. If you are on credit hold for being over your account “credit limit”, you can still place orders using a credit card. If you are on credit hold due to a “stop order” status, you must contact the credit control department on 03447 11 11 33.
- What purchasing and procurement options do you have?We have a variety of tools to help you lower purchasing costs and manage your inventory. See the Purchasing and Procurement section for more information on how our convenient services can save you valuable time and money.
- What is iBuy?iBuy is an online tool integrated into the Farnell website, allowing a more efficient purchasing process, from product selection through to approval and placement of order. Find out about iBuy benefits and get free access.
- What is eInvoicing and how can I get access to it?All our business customers are automatically set up with access to the eInvoicing portal. You can view invoices, open invoices, statements, manage queries, get copy documents.
If your organisation has multiple accounts, we can provide appropriate personnel access to all invoices, so you can view and print invoices for orders placed under any of your company's accounts, by logging in to a single account. Learn more about eInvoicing.
- How do I request a copy invoice?All our business customers are automatically set up with access to the eInvoicing portal. This allows you to access your invoices, open invoices, statements, manage queries, get copy documents. Learn more about eInvoicing.
A copy of the invoice will be emailed as PDF to the email address provided on the order once the order has been despatched.
If you require an additional copy of your invoice, please use the Request an Invoice form
Please note that whilst Farnell can supply a copy invoice for you, we reserve the right to charge an administration of £5 for this service..
Need more help?
- Live Chat: Live Support
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 03447 11 11 11
Technical Product Support (Account customers only)
- Live Chat: Live Support
- Email: Technical Support Email Form
- Telephone: +44 3447 11 11 22 (08:00-17:00, Monday - Friday)
- Live Chat: Live Support
- Support: Suggest Feedback / Report A Problem, Return A Product
- Telephone: 03447 11 11 13 (8:00 - 17:00, Monday - Friday)
- Telephone: 03447 11 11 33 (08:30-18:00, Monday - Friday)